Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My journey!


Last summer at the end of June I was getting wheeled around in a wheelchair at the zoo! Setting aside my pride, I went to the zoo and sported a wheelchair. I know some people looked at me thinking, "She looks healthy. Why is she in a wheelchair?" (As you can see, my crazy friends had a blast pushing me around!)

Well, I could not walk for long without shooting pain. My pain began in 08 and increased with time and activity. I had a labral tear in my hip joint and a bone spur. It was not determined until surgery, September 09.

In May 09 during my first of 3 MRI's, I heard a scripture on the radio during the few quiet moments in the machine. The scripture was a scripture I had looked at the night before(because my good friend reminded me that I needed to look to God first.). I remember flipping through a book that had a list of scriptures for healing. I read them and thought, "well that one kind of sticks out to me." I picked it to focus on and then the next day it was read on the radio during my MRI at the right time! Sounds crazy but it is true!
(I am so grateful for my friend speaking truth in love to me that night before the MRI!)
Here is the scripture I heard in the MRI. (remember the MRI is loud and has only a few moments of silence)

"My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." Proverbs 4:20

I held on to this scripture! I look back at my journal and remember those days! It was hard to stay hopeful when 1 month of PT, 2 MRI's, 2 GYN appointments, 3 reg. DR.'s visits and no answer. I remember feeling hopeless but I had to hold on to the Lord. What else is there when every human effort is exhausted.

Thanks to my PT pushing for a contrast MRI and a visit to the orthopedic surgeon in town. I would not have gotten an answer. He was God-sent! God used him to guide me with my MRI's and Dr.s visits to elliminate the possibilities. I am so grateful for him. My angel!

One more MRI and one visit to the local orthopedic surgeon to be told I had a labral tear and could only be seen by a surgeon in Ft. Worth. Finally, an answer and someone to help.

When I saw the Dr. in July 09 he said the surgery was up to me. Per my husbands suggestion I agreed to surgery. I had a 70% chance it would help. What could I lose. I was already unable to even clean my house and shop without using an electric buggy!

All these Dr. visits began in January 09 and by July 09, I was scheduled for Surgery for September. My husband deployed 2 days before surgery but it went well. And I was taken care of by my Mother in Law, my kids, friends and the track team!

Thank you everyone! You all were important through this journey!

PT started in October and continued till December of 09. I slowly built up strength to start training for my half in April. My training for my half has had its ups and downs. I have struggled with eating right. I also struggled with training through grieving the loss of a family member. If it was not for my commitment to Rescue Her, I would have quit. Training is not only physical and mental but has been spiritual also! Lots of prayers and praise have gone up during my training. Things came up but I kept going. My body and my spirit are grateful!

Here I am almost a year later and ready to walk/jog a half marathon. God is so good! He gave me encouragement the whole way and people to stand with me in prayer and guidance. Even when things seem hopeless there is still hope in Him. I am so grateful for my healing! And for everyone that was there for me!

My prayers go to those waiting for healing! Faith is not in the seen but in the unseen!


Blessings,
Julietta

PS thank you Ruthie for encouraging me to post my pic from the zoo! which got me to write this post!

3 comments:

  1. So awesome when God's still small voice becomes loud and clear :) Good Luck for the Half!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl... I had NO idea. What an AMAZING story. I would have given up, cried in my wheelchair too many times ago. So impressed by you. Glory to God. Thank you for telling His story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! And Yes, "Glory to God" for He hears the cries of our hearts! He does exceedingly more than we could ever ask or think!

    ReplyDelete