Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Week 9 training

So this is my 9th week of training and i am excited and scared! I have never done 9 miles before. The goal of completing a half less than a year after my surgery and for Rescue her keeps me going!

Monday: 60 mins walking
Tuesday: 40 min cross training
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: 50 min walking*
Friday: 30 min cross training
Saturday: 8 (or 9 which ever you choose) miles
Sunday: Rest

So Monday I did my 60 min. of walking but I jogged also. The first 2 miles I jogged a few times at a slow pace and then on the last mile I incorporated some speed with long strides and it felt good! I felt young!
Yesterday, while walking I felt the urge to not listen to my music for the 1st 2 miles and I prayed instead. I prayed about a few different things, human trafficking and fair trade farmers in South America were a few. I thought "how neat would it be that every step or every hour of training I do that it would save a child or woman from slavery." I do not know how this will impact the world but as Josie wrote to me "You are rescuing the ONE instead of just seeing a statistic!!"
I have to get in 40 min. today of crosstraining. That will be 20 min. cardio blast that includes lunges, squats and weights then I will do 20 min. on my elliptical to strengthen my hip.
I like having this blog! I feel more accountable now. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment